Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quick Updates

It dawned on me today that I haven't done some follow-up that I said I would. So here's some quick updates into what's been going on in the life of moi:

Running:

I've started my marathon training, and am taking the tortoise approach on this one: slow and steady wins the race. I'm running a few times per week and running about 2-3 miles each time. Once I build some stamina and strength in the knees I'll begin steadily increasing mileage.

Mexico:

When my parents asked if I was leaving for Mexico this week, it dawned on me that I haven't clued most people in on that either. The promotions company originally told us our first date of March 28-April 3 was set. Plans were made, vacation days were requested and two days later there was a problem. Apparently we're only allotted $1,200 for tickets and flights were running around $1,750; Wheel of Fortune won't let guests pay the difference, so we couldn't go then and our alternate dates in April were already booked up. So... they secured our trip for May 10-16. I think it will be hotter than Hades then, but it's a free trip and I can cool down by the pool with a cerveza in each hand.

Job Hunt:

Stephen had a great second interview with the DSP group at his company (don't ask because I can't explain) and now we're just waiting to hear whether he got the offer. It's the waiting part that is the killer.

I start my job on April 6th and I'm so excited. I'm all set up and my new colleagues have been sending me information so that I'm ramped up and ready to hit the ground running on day 1.

So that's all we've got going on right now. I'll be sure to update this with any news once Stephen has it.

No comments:

Post a Comment