Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bracketology Smacketology

It's March 20th and you know what that means: the official start of the least productive two weeks that the American workforce will ever face. In other words, today is the start of March Madness!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE March Madness!! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty much a boy when it comes to sports anyway and March Madness is the greatest sporting event to get wrapped up in. There is something so amazing about watching ki
ds play basketball for the love of the game and the uncertainty of who will actually win. I love watching the Cinderella teams upset favorites and throw off everyone's brackets.

Another reason I love March Madness so much is that it's the only sporting event I will actually wager money on. I have a stigma about betting on sports because it's almost guaranteed that if I bet on a game I will lose, and I don't like losing. However, I won't hesitate to bet on the NCAA tournament.

Our office is having a pool and it took me probabl
y one hour total to pick my teams. My cube mates and I have been giving each other a ration of hell for our picks, suddenly second guessing our picks and final score. I'm not saying I'm by any means good at picking teams, and this year I actually tried to do the "girl" thing and pick some teams based on school colors because my knowledge outside the Big Ten and Big 12 is limited, so I expect a LOT of ridicule for my picks.

Without further ado, I give you my bracket:
I'll admit it's a little crazy and far-fetched, but I believe in upsets and I'm counting on a couple of them - Izzo, if by chance you read this, work a little magic for me!

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is: GO GREEEEEEEN!!!!! What are you and Steve doing for the game on Saturday night???

    ReplyDelete