Monday, January 19, 2009

Excuse Me Miss, What's Your Age?

I just had to share the cutest story that made my weekend. While working Saturday night at the Garden and Blazers game, a gaggle of boys came over to my counter and one started sassing the other. After one called the other a "fag" (ugh, I hate that word as much as the C word) I asked a) how old the little boy using the "f" word was, and b) were they brothers. I correctly assumed they were brothers and the foul-mouthed 9 year-old said the older boy was his brother.

Older brother asks me to guess his age, which I assume is 10-11 (wrong, it was 12) and then the rest of the boytourage asks me to start guessing their ages.

Well, 9 year-old then asks me how old I was, and said he guessed I was 15.

EXCUSE ME?!?!?! After telling the little boy you were not supposed to ask women what their age was, I told him he just made my day.

How great that in the eyes of a child I don't appear to be "old"? Seriously, that's the best compliment I've ever received.

2 comments:

  1. awww :) so sweet!

    here... i'll tell you what. i'll go write my latest "age" story on my blog. that way you'll have something new to read :)

    and i'll try to get better! i really want to! just gotta get back in the habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the kiddos that I taught gymnastics guess my age... I'm pretty sure a few of them guessed 60 years old.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete