Yeah, I'm a day or two late, but I wanted to quickly look back on everything that happened in 2008. It was a year of change for me, and while not all of it was positive, it all worked out for the best and I can't complain too much. A very special thanks goes to the boyfriend who took everything that came our way like a champ. We both had to rely on each other for support this year and it made us a stronger couple as a result.
Here's a quick run down of 2008:
-Say goodbye to the job and all the friends I love, pack up everything I own and move to Boston.
- Start new job in Boston, make new friends.
- Settle into East Coast living with the boyfriend.
Feb. - April:
- Adjust to cold winters and snow.
- House hunt with the boyfriend.
- My first nephew is born.
- Boyfriend finds a house he likes, closes on it and we move into it.
- Start renovating the house immediately.
- Devon comes from Texas and we spend 4 glorious days doing the tourist scene in Boston.
July - September:
- Head to L.A. with boyfriend so he can tape his appearance on Wheel of Fortune.
- More friends from Texas come, we see the city (again.)
- Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.
- Boyfriend's Wheel of Fortune show airs, viewing party commences at our house.
- Get laid off from job due to "economy."
- Become personal salesman and try to sell my abilities to anyone and everyone hiring.
- Host first Thanksgiving dinner at our house for a few friends -- turned out successful.
- Selling paid off! Land job at a corporation specializing in environmental services.
- Bought expensive handbag to celebrate job.
- Bought tons of gifts for family and friends for holidays.
- Baked tons of cookies for friends and family for the holidays.
- Head to Michigan to celebrate holiday with boyfriend's family - had the best time getting to
- Celebrate NYE with boyfriend on a Boston Harbor Cruise.
Here's to hoping that 2009 is a good one to everyone!