Monday, January 25, 2010

Connecting with Thoreau

Stephen took me for a day trip to Walden Pond on Saturday. For those of you unfamiliar, Walden Pond is the area where famed poet Henry David Thoreau lived for two years (in a one-room shack!) to find inspiration. I had no idea what to expect, so naturally I ended up inappropriately dressed. Seriously, how was I supposed to know that we were going hiking through the woods and on a pond? Stephen said we'd be going ice skating! There was no ice skating, but we still had a GREAT day! I'm already excited to make a return visit in the summer (this time I'll be prepared).
My first time to walk on water (and then jump for joy!)

My excitement was contagious
Stephen drew me an early Valentine's heart
Hiking through snow in my tennis shoes
The site of Thoreau's "house" and S. demonstrating how small it is.



1 comment:

  1. Walden Pond was always on my list of things to see that I never actually got to see. Sigh. Maybe one of these days. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete