Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kids

I spend a lot of time talking about all the important things in my life... well, at least the things I consider important, but which most people would consider silly. But one of the things I've stayed away from has been my kids.

It's not that I'm ashamed of them. In fact, I'm actually proud to be their mom. Like any kids, they have good days and they have bad, but it's mostly good. And you should see how much they love Stephen, and the way he loves them back. We're a very happy family. I guess my problem with talking about them so much is that it will publicly seal my "crazy lady" status. But I've decided to admit what I really am and show off my kids.

Big brother Maxwell. He's definitely his mother's son. Loves: shoes, feet, shoes, laps and having his ears rubbed. He's easily embarrassed and knows when we're laughing at him.
Princess Maggie. She is the baby and she knows it. She loves everything and is set on permanent purr. Give her an open lap and she's on it - she wants attention and it doesn't matter where it comes from. She's the smart one in the group - she's been known to open sliding drawers to get what she wants - usually a hair tie.Dad loves his kids



2 comments:

  1. I feel I must comment because I too fall into the Crazy Lady category in regards to my "kids". I am known to refer to myself in the third person as "Mummy". And last March I bought my mom a shirt that read, "My grandkids have paws", which she proudly wears. I don't see any harm in acting this way, but I think there's a definite stigma from those out in the world who do not have emotional attachment to a pet. I feel bad for them. When I get home there is ALWAYS a little whiskered face waiting in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it crazy that I want to sign our Christmas cards: "Love John, Jess, Colt, and Faith"? Because put me in the crazy lady category then because that's what I plan to do!

    Faith is STILL our girl, even with a 9-month-old in the house. And you should see how she is worshipped by everyone and she totally knows it. Colt can't catch her yet, so she parades around in front of him, making sure he sees her ALL THE TIME, taunting him then basking in her queen-ness while he cries because he can't get her.

    She'll always be our girl. And even after "real" babies enter the picture, she still has the TV left on the right channel for her during the day, fresh water in a glass on the nightstand each night, and a housesitter anytime we're out of town because she doesn't like to sleep alone.

    The kids are looking great!

    ReplyDelete