Thursday, October 8, 2009

NieNie = Love

I've been wanting to write this post for a long time, but didn't know how to say it or where to start. Blogging is that weird mix for me of the personal and public. I love reading other people's blogs, but I feel like I'm breaking a secret if I talk about it. So I struggle when I find someone whose story deserves to be shared.

I don't know when I first got introduced to NieNie, but ever since my life has been impacted. If you're one of the few who hasn't been introduced to Nie, I highly suggest you jump on the train ASAP. I'm not going to recap Nie's story because she does that so brilliantly herself, but I want to talk about my experience with her.

Each of her entries is a reminder for me that love is real. I relish her posts about her and Mr. Nielson - a love so powerful you think you're seeing a movie. It's very rare that I don't leave her site with tears in my eyes. She's a brilliant writer and captures the daily routine of being a wife, mother and daughter so amazingly well. I guarantee that when you read Nie you will feel the same joy and hope that I do. I also guarantee that you will want to tell your significant other how much you love them, same with your parents; because Nie makes you realize how precious life really is.

So why write about her now? Well, because Nie was on featured on Oprah yesterday. I didn't get to see the episode, but the very lovely Joanna kindly posted a clip on her site. I will try to search for an actual clip on YouTube, but watch this clip for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment