Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Breaking Plateaus


It's such a great feeling to overcome obstacles. Fears. Plateaus. It's been a long time coming. I've been working on this challenge for months now. I've thought about it a million times, thinking that this will be the time I do it. Today, I channeled my inner Nike and just did it.

I finally broke my 4-mile hurdle. I just went for it today. It didn't matter that I could have run behind getting ready for work (one of my favorite weekly excuses) or that my knees were a little achy (stupid cold weather) but I just got tired of making excuses and went for it. 

And holy wow, did it feel good. It was such an accomplishment and felt so wonderful to finally get past that plateau I've hit. The best part is? It didn't even phase me. I can easily run 5-miles, and I plan on doing it every time I hit the road. 

3 comments:

  1. Boo! ;-) (found your blog from Jess. I have one too...not sure if you've found it yet). Congrats on making it past 4 miles!! Rock on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on with your bad self - 5 miles feels good doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess - 5 miles feels awesome! I feel like I should just try to 6!

    ReplyDelete