Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shake Your Tail feathers





Dress - Apart
Shoes - DSW (I think) a few seasons ago
Bracelet (Can't remember)
Feather earrings - Shabby Apple
Clutch - Kate Spade
Sunnies - Kate Spade
Handsome Mr. - picked up on a blind date with a friend (but that's another story)
 
There is nothing better than wearing a peacock dress and shaking your tail feathers at a wedding. After a beautiful ceremony, we headed to the Stockyards Hotel for some serious dancing. But before we boogied down in the 100-degree heat (seriously, Tejas, could you not have gone easy on me?) I needed to grab some shots of the dress. 

The Mr. was less than enthusiastic about snapping photos of me, but quickly relented when presented with the option of sitting in the car while I set up the tripod. To make things better, he got all "professional" on me, and started running around taking photos, which is where the images of me cracking up come in to play. 

The best part though had to be when we walked up to the hotel and a street vendor offered to take a photo and told me that "Brittany Spears got nothin on you." I don't know if that's a compliment or not, but let's pretend it is, ok? 
 

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics!! Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I was looking forward to seeing shots of this dress - I remember when you posted about it awhile back. It looks as good as I thought it would! And very unique.
    2) A few months ago when it was all still cold and dreary in Boston I had on what Mr. BF calls my "bag lady" look - cocoon coat, huge, wide brim hat, boots, and large briefcase. When the bus driver told me I looked like Britney, I wondered the same question. I went with compliment, and so should you. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is fabulous! Looks like such a wonderful event. Glad the Mr. was able to help you out with the photos. And I am quite sure that the Britney comment was a complement;) Girl got in shape for this tour!

    ReplyDelete