Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just a little pop of color

A colleague recently asked me if red is my favorite color. Confused, I asked her why she would think that and she responded that I'm always wearing something red. For the record, red is not my favorite color. Purple is. How many purple items do I own? Two. How's that for ironic?

Looking through my outfits lately though, it's clear that I've got an affinity for red. Maybe it's because red is my POWER color. I feel good in red. It's such a "look at me" color. But far be it from me to wear all red and really scream look at me! No, for me, red is more of an accent. A little POP of color to an otherwise neutral palate. 


Take today's outfit. A simple black and white dress. Nothing extraordinary about it. A simple bow at the neckline. All business in the front. But in the back?


Dress - Shabby Apple
Fishnet stockings - Target
Suede pumps - Urban Outfitters
necklace (used as a bracelet) - Forever XXI
Sunnies - Kate Spade
Lipstick - "Truly Red" Laura Mercier  

In the back - BAM. All party. Just a little accent to an otherwise neutral palate.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Love that dress! And you DO wear red a lot, but it works for you.

    ReplyDelete