Thursday, October 13, 2011

Recipe: Spinach Summer Salad

Yesterday I woke up with a craving for salad. Recently I discovered an easy-to-make recipe from Ellie Krieger's "So Easy" (remember that delicious Steak Chimichurri recipe I wrote about this summer?) that's just sliced strawberries, fresh mozzerella, fresh basil and a balsamic vinaigrette. Like I said, yesterday I woke up with a craving for salad and I wanted to incorporate this salad but add my own twist to it. It's hard to have a craving for salad before lunch time and have to wait ALL DAY to come home and make it, but I survived. 




Because I was coming from Bar Method (have you been yet? If not, check out Najeema's write up on this awesome workout), I knew my butt would be kicked and that a protein rich salad would hit the spot. The result was better than I could have imagined. Doesn't this look mmm-azing? 

Recipe: Spinach Salad with Strawberries
1 package of perdue skinless chicken breasts
1 package, organic spinach
1 quart Strawberries
1 package of fresh mozzarella 
2 Tbsp balsamic 

Season chicken breast with a little salt and pepper - use a grill pan and cook thoroughly, chop into pieces
Slice strawberries into quarters
Cut mozzarella into cubes
Rinse 1 cup of spinach
Assemble into salad bowl
Finish w/ drizzle of balsamic vinegar 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment