Friday, July 22, 2011

Feel Good Friday - B-Day Style

I know I recently mentioned how much I like celebrating my birthday, and there is nothing better for me than finding a really nice birthday present for a REALLY good price. 

But before I go further, I have to say that I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of snakeskin pumps for about 5 years. I've never been able to find what I was looking for until recently. I finally found a near perfect pair on ShopBop last month. They're from Pour la Victoire, and, while reasonably priced, they were still more than my shopping diet allowed. I want these shoes so badly that they even went on the birthday wish list that I oh-so-kindly shared to the Mr. last month. What can I say? I'm such a nice girlfriend to give him ideas on gifts. :)

This morning, when reading the Bon Bon Rose Girls, I saw they were doing a ShopBop gift certificate giveaway. Huzzah! This is the perfect time to try to win a gift certificate to get me closer to these shoes. So while I was on ShopBop's site to get the link to the shoes, I suddenly saw that the shoes were on clearance. 70% off original price. With only one pair left in my size. So I did what anyone would do. I bought them. And let's be honest, the Mr. is not going to buy me a new pair of shoes. The iPad2? Probably.

These beauties will arrive on Tuesday, the day of my birth. Aren't they just the perfect birthday gift? I have a feeling they'll go really nicely with the new UO shorts that came last week. 
Pour la Victoire Haya

Friends, have a very happy Friday and enjoy your weekends. I'm headed back to Texas for a restful weekend to celebrate my birthday with some very special peeps. I'll tell you all about it next week.

4 comments:

  1. You acted wisely in this situation. Well played. Enjoy the trip and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shoes! I too bought a pair of very special birthday shoes that I think you're going to like. Whenever I finally get around to sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo Becky, I can't wait to see what you got! Happy early birthday to my sole sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your trip, have a wonderful day, and stay cool in Texas. Also, I agree with Noelani - you chose wisely.

    ReplyDelete