Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dark Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Cookies

At our resort, one of the better desserts I tried was their chocolate chip cookies. Sounds simple, but they had extra cinnamon and it was delicious! I knew that I had to recreate the magic when we got home. 
I like to get fancy, so I modified an M&M cookie recipe. Instead of chocolate chips, I took 2 bars of dark cocoa (90%) and broke them down into chunks. I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Baking Up

Don't those chunks look awesome?

While the cookies were pretty good, there are two important lessons I learned.

First, I need to use chocolate that isn't so bitter - next time I'll try the 86% cocoa. Second, like Blue Oyster Cult needed more cowbell, these needed more cinnamon. The cinnamon was too subtle for what I envisioned, so next time I'll try two teaspoons; hopefully that will give it a little extra kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment