Saturday, April 23, 2011

#SwapLove

As I mentioned, on Thursday I needed a quick break from work, and met my friend Laura down in Fenway for our first ever clothes swap, hosted by The Swapaholics. 

When we arrived, we were in shock at how awesomely organized this event was, and Laura summed up the vibe best. "Boston feels like such a small town and you know everyone, then you come to something like this and realize you don't know anyone." 

We hung around and talked with some really nice girls, Christine from Moss and Ferns, and her pal Nina, who was visiting from Arizona. We dished about our favorite red lipsticks and kept laughing about how we somehow kept ending up at the back of the line and how that probably meant we wouldn't get anything good. 


When 8:30 rolled around, we finally got to shop. And shop we did. I managed to grab 2 bags of clothes in less than 15 minutes. I got some really nice new things and I'm looking forward to showing you photos of those soon. 


The highlight of my evening though, was meeting Jen, of famed blog Jen Loves Kev, and Julie of Orchid Grey. They were super sweet in person, and were gracious when I blabbed on and on to them. They were even sweet about commenting on my outfit, which is an added confidence booster for someone who's shy about putting herself out there for the fashion world to criticize. So, expect some photo shots soon - I've got some new found confidence and some new found wares I'd like to share.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to go SO BADLY, but I had to teach on Thursday night. Blah. I am really looking forward to seeing what you picked up! I am so glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete